Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Oct 24
In November of 2011, Richard Swift and Jessie Baylin selected their favorite cover tunes, and recorded them over four days on 4-track cassette which was released digitally on Nov 20, 2011,for one month and then pulled down. Eight years later, Pleasure Center is being commercially released for the first time with one new bonus track. This will be pressed on 45 RPM 12” marbled black and white vinyl and limited to 1000 pieces worldwide. Produced by Richard Swift. Performed by Jessie Baylin + Richard Swift. Recorded at Jessie Baylin's home in Nashville, TN.on four track cassette, November 14-18, 2011 Cover art by Richard Swift. Additional photos by Jessie Baylin & Richard Swift.
Dedicated to the memory of Richard Swift
1. Little Trouble Girl [Sonic Youth] 2. I Couldn’t Say It To Your Face [Arthur Russell] 3. White Noise 4. Storms [Stevie Nicks] 5. A Song For While I’m Away [Thin Lizzy] 6. Black Blood (Acoustic Demo) [Jessie Baylin & Richard Swift]
Exclusive 7" from legendary artist Beck. Featuring never-before-heard Khruangbin remix for "No Distraction" as well as previously released "Uneventful Days (St. Vincent Remix)"
SIDE A “No Distraction (Khraungbin Remix)”
SIDE B “Uneventful Days (St Vincent Remix)”
In 1988, Frank Zappa released the first installment of You Can’t Do That On Stage Anymore, a 6 volume series (12 discs total) consisting of hand picked live performances from his legendary Vault. The series was intended for CD, a relatively new medium at the time. Since vinyl & cassette were still considered the main formats, FZ created this sampler to promote the project & provide motivation to embrace the CD series. The material for the sampler was culled from tracks ranging from 1969 to 1984. The original ‘88 vinyl was mastered by Bernie Grundman. This 2020 collector’s edition is again mastered by Bernie from the original 1630 Digital Master & pressed on 180gram individual red & yellow transparent vinyl by Pallas in Germany.
LP1 / SIDE A – 1. Plastic People, 2. The Torture Never Stops
LP1 / SIDE B – 1. Montana (Whipping-floss), 2. The Evil Prince, 3. You Call That Music?
LP2 / SIDE A – 1. Sharleena, 2. Nanook Rubs It
LP2 / SIDE B – 1. The Florida Airport Tape, 2. Once Upon A Time, 3. King Kong, 4. Dickie's Such An Asshole, 5. Cosmic Debris
Vinyl: $37.99 Buy
In 1988, two years after signing to Mercury Records, Johnny Cash released Classic Cash: Hall Of Fame Series, which featured new recordings of classic material. Including renowned tracks like “Ring Of Fire”, and “I Walk The Line”, the series captured one of country music’s greats singing songs that made him a legend. For the first time ever on vinyl, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020, UMe/Mercury is proud to present Classic Cash: Hall Of Fame Series – Early Mixes. Cash’s early mix of the 1988 album, mastered from newly discovered tapes in the Mercury vault. Limited Edition Double LP, pressed on 180g vinyl, it is a must-have for fans and collectors.
LP 1 / SIDE A –
1. Sunday Morning Coming Down, 2. Get Rhythm, 3. I Walk The Line, 4. Long Black Veil, 5. I Still Miss Someone
LP 1 / SIDE B –
1. Blue Train, 2. I Got Stripes, 3. Peace In The Valley, 4. Five Feet High And Rising, 5. Folsom Prison Blues
LP 2 / SIDE A –
1. Cry, Cry, Cry, 2. Don't Take Your Guns To Town, 3. Tennessee Flat Top Box, 4. A Thing Called Love, 5. The Ways Of A Woman In Love
LP 2 / SIDE B –
1. Ballad Of Ira Hayes, 2. Guess Things Happen That Way, 3. Home Of The Blues, 4. Supper Time, 5. Ring Of Fire
The first vinyl release for their massive 2003 single.
1. Needy Girl (Zdar Dub) 2. Needy Girl (Paper Faces Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Album Version)
1. Needy Girl (Lifelike Remix) 2. Needy Girl (Bloc Party Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Instrumental)
Complimenting the release of the album This is How We Roll, this 4-track EP features alternate, extended variations of "Music Box" and "White Punks On Dope" as well as the previously unreleased version of Roxy Music’s "Virginia Plain".
SIDE A 1. White Punks on Dope 2. Music Box 3. Music Box Reprise / Griff’s Lament
SIDE B 1. Virginia Plain
Alejandro Escovedo's critically acclaimed album The Crossing with the vocals recorded in Spanish, pressed on red, white and green striped double vinyl.
1. Andare 2. Footsteps In the Shadows 3. Texas Is My Mother 4. Teenage Luggage 5. Something Blue 6. Outlaw For You 7. Amor 8. Puro 9. Waiting For Me 10. How Many Times 11. Cherry Blossom Rain 12. Sonica USA 13. Rio Navidad 14. Silver City 15. Fury and Fire 16. Flying 17. MC Overload 18. The Crossing
The original Frumpie One Piece release was only on CD. It was a collection of tracks previously released over five 7" singles, from a Bikini Kill-related band who were conceived as a singles project. This vinyl release includes the songs from the CD as well as the one 7 inch that was released after the collection (Frumpies Forever 7"). The personnel of this band was 3/4 of Bikini Kill (Tobi Vail, Kathi Wilcox, Billy Karren), plus 1/3 of Bratmobile (Molly Neuman), and they were sometimes joined by Michelle Mae, who went on to be in The Make-Up and Weird War. The Frumpies were formed in Washington DC during the same 1991 summer that birthed the first Riot Grrrl zines and meetings, which the Frumpies dubbed Revolution Summer.
1 Malice And Discontent 2 I Just Wanna Puke On The Stereo 3 Do You Wanna Donuts 4 Baby Plays For Pritty 5 Alien Summer 6 Fuck Kitty 7 Giveaway Pile 8 Weird Machine 9 Intertube Tomorrow 10 Be Good 11 Whatshisname Hearts The Frumpies 12 She's A Real Cutie Pie 13 Safety First 14 Weary Ingenues And Snotty Brats 15 Duvet Ta 16 Fake Antagonism Rules, Okay 17 Tommy Slich 18 Deliberate Indifference 19 Planet What 20 Fuck Yr. Frumpies 21 Eunuch Nights 22 Of Ever And Now On 23 You'll See 24 Wrong Way Round
Side A: Frumpies Forever / Don't Wanna Go Home
Side B: Turn off the Faucet/ Tell Me
1978 was a banner year for Dexter Gordon. Maxine Gordon (then Gregg) had started to manage his career and proved to be a one-woman tour de force. In signing with Columbia boosted his career. He moved to New York, forming and grooming his own band all at age 52! The wonderful quartet included George Cables on piano, Rufus Reid on bass, and Eddie Gladden on drums. This November 1978 concert at the Châteauvallon Jazz Festival highlights Dexter's joyous and fiery mood, peppering his solos with outrageous quotes from other songs.
Pressed on 180-gram vinyl for the first time.
SIDE A – Tangerine
SIDE B – More Than You Know
1970’s J&K: Stonebone, by trombonists J.J. Johnson and Kai Winding, is the rarest of all A&M/CTI projects. The album has not been made available since its initial release in Japan. Not accessible on streaming platforms and long sought after by collectors, an original edition of this LP can sell for upwards of one thousand dollars. In addition to the two leaders, it features an all-star group, including George Benson, Herbie Hancock, Bob James, George Benson, Ron Carter and Grady Tate. Pressed on red vinyl.
SIDE A 1. Dontcha Hear Me Callin' To Ya? 2. Musings
SIDE B 1. Mojo 2. Recollections
The original songs written for the EPIX television show Perpetual Grace, LTD. The Jones Sisters is made up of the show's creator, writer and director Steven Conrad, singer/songwriters Bobby Bare Jr, Lillie Mae and more. Released for Record Store Day 2020 on colored vinyl.
1. “Comet” 2. “Iris” 3. “You Are Hurting Me”4. “Kawasaki Kx80” 5. “Resonate” 6. “Brother Down” 7. “The Power Of Your Soft Young Heart” 8. “My Old Old Lady” 9. “I Want To Get Something Going On” 10. “In The Lowrider Capitol of The World” 11. “Drunk (Chicago)” 12. “Restless as the Former Horses (Of Jesse James and William Bonney)” 13. “Y'all Bless Me Down”
First time on vinyl!
Aside from Knopfler’s silky score, the album contains tracks from Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, Francoise Hardy, The Stranglers, Hot Chocolate and Django Reinhardt.
“…nicely evokes the picture’s wistful, nostalgic atmosphere.” -All Music
Limited Edition - Pressed on clear vinyl
MP3 Album: $1.79 Download
Athens, Georgia instrumental college rock staples Love Tractor return with their original line up to rework early tracks for this RSD 7" with help from Doug Stanley & Joe Rowe of the Glands, Bill Berry of R.E.M., and with David Barbe and Jeff Calder holding down the studio. Two reworked originals to lead into their full catalog reissue series that kicks off in mid-2020.
“60 Degrees and Sunny” / “FEST-ivals”
Vinyl: $29.99 Buy
A truly special two-sided picture disc featuring imagery unavailable elsewhere - one side features the cover art and the other, the floor of the Dark Crystal's chamber: a circle of 18 arcane symbols, one for each of the urSkeks that came to Thra during the first Great Conjunction.
Composer Daniel Pemberton reveals: “I wanted the music to be as magical as Thra itself – organic, imperfect, strange, mystical, otherworldly and wonderful. I wanted to create new sounds that felt like they came from the world itself, as well as using thematic large scale orchestral elements to bring an emotion to the journey of the characters.
There are two Dark Crystal picture discs being released for Record Store Day, with completely different track listings.
The 10 episode prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal stars Taron Egerton, Star Wars’ Mark Hamill, Harry Potter’s Helena Bonham-Carter, Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander and Outlander’s Caitriona Balfe.
SIDE A –
1. The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance – Daniel Pemberton 2. Another World, Another Time – Daniel Pemberton 3. Story Of The Dark Crystal – Daniel Pemberton 4. Rian + Mira Dreamfast – Daniel Pemberton 5. Aughra Awakes – Daniel Pemberton 6. The Crystal Chamber – Daniel Pemberton 7. Essence Draining – Daniel Pemberton
SIDE B –
1. What Lies At The Dream’s End – Daniel Pemberton 2. Together We Fight – Daniel Pemberton 3. The Blue Flames Part 1 – Daniel Pemberton 4. Deet In The Woods – Samuel Sim 5. Speak For The Dead – Daniel Pemberton 6. Brea And The Library – Samuel Sim 7. Her Light Faded – Daniel Pemberton
30th Anniversary edition of Lou Reed’s album recorded with his fellow Velvet Underground co-founder John. A concept album and tribute to their friend and mentor Andy Warhol who had died a couple of years earlier…
“…here they [Reed & Cale] paint a portrait of Warhol that has far more depth and poignancy than his public image would have led one to expect. It's a moving and deeply felt tribute to a misunderstood man, and it's a pleasure to hear these two comrades-in-arms working together again, even if their renewed collaboration was destined to be short-lived.” All Music Review
This double vinyl edition, exclusive to Record Store Day is pressed on audiophile, heavyweight vinyl and includes an etching on Side 4. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
MP3 Album: $9.99 Download
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”
This is a recording of Yann Tiersen's Lagniappe Session for Aquarium Drunkard. There’s a lot happening in the collective works of Yann Tiersen. Initially inspired by Einstürzende Neubauten,
Throbbing Gristle and other post-punk/industrial groups, Tiersen’s music would soon grow further nuanced, moving in more subtle directions. It’s this which makes the approach to his Lagniappe Session all the more interesting, in that he turns that very direction on its head. Original pieces that could be described as minimalist are uprooted and placed into entirely different realms, as Tiersen tackles a 16+ minute Steve Reich piece, a classic Françoise Hardy chanson, and a tune by E.C. Ball
1. “Tribulations” 2. "If You Listen" 3. "Piano Phase"
First time on vinyl! "
...this soundtrack is the most calculated Austin Powers record yet.” -All Music
Pressed on Gold vinyl, natch.
SIDE ONE 1. Beyonce Knowles “Work It Out” 2. The Rolling Stones “Miss You (Dr. Dre Remix 2002)” 3. Britney Spears Feat. Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D. “Boys (Co-Ed Remix)” 4. Angie Stone “Groove Me” 5. Earth, Wind & Fire “Shining Star” 6. Foxy Cleopatra Feat. Devin and Solange “Hey Goldmember”
SIDE TWO 1. Smash Mouth “Ain’t No Mystery” 2. Soul Hooligan Feat. Diana King “Evil Woman” 3. Paul Oakenfold “1975” 4. Dr. Evil “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem –Dr Evil Remix) 5. Ming Tea Feat. Austin Powers “Daddy Wasn’t There” 6. Susanna Hoffs “Alfie (What’s It All About, Austin?)”
First time on vinyl! - Contains repertoire recorded specifically for this chart-topping Platinum Soundtrack. Contains songs by Eric Clapton, Aaron Neville and Robbie Robertson, Peter Gabriel, Taj Mahal, Marvin Gaye, Jewel, The Iguanas, Bryan Ferry, J.J. Cale, Dorothy Moore and Thomas Newman
“…a cross-section of singer/songwriters, mellow blues, and synthesized soul-inflected pop.” -AllMusic
Limited Edition - Pressed on translucent cobalt vinyl
1. Eric Clapton “Change The World” 2. Bryan Ferry “Dance With Life (The Brilliant Light)” 3. Aaron Neville “Crazy Love”
1. Taj Mahal “Corinna” 2. Jewel “Have A Little Faith In Me” 3. Peter Gabriel “I Have The Touch” 4. Marvin Gaye “Piece Of Clay”
1. The Iguanas “Para Donde Vas” 2. Dorothy Moore “Misty Blue” 3. J. J. Cale “A Thing Going On” 4. Thomas Newman “The Orchard”
The Beginning was released digitally and on CD in 2001 by Swamp Records in the US and Audium Records in Europe. Long out of print, this record was Tony Joe's 29th,and the first one where he controlled all elements of the studio. Stripped down and without any bells and whistles, this is Tony Joe recording, himself playing his classic swamp blues sound, and now for the first time on vinyl. Remastered and re-sequenced for RSD 2020 with new art and pressed on clear with black splatter vinyl.
1. Who You Gonna Hoo - Doo Now 2. Ice Cream Man 3. Wonder Why I Feel So Bad 4. Going Back To Bed 5. Down By The Border 6. More To This Than That 7. Drifter 8. Rebellion 9. Rich Woman Blues 10. Raining On My Life